Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Water, water, every where, Nor any drop to drink.

Its raining, it really is raining, it may seem like it will never stop
raining, and we are in drought. I understand why people would be annoyed by a hosepipe ban when the water is constantly falling from the sky. But, I don't really want to talk about the weather so don't strike up the
conversation with me.


It's April and there will be showers, that's why they are so named. After
a dry two years, with below-average rainfall for 80% of the time a lot of the country is in drought.


I'm never quite sure why a hosepipe ban causes so much uproar. I don't own a hosepipe and I don't see a need for one in the future. They make pretty
lousy presents for any occasion and just get in the way in the shed. Yes I have a shed. In fact I have 2 sheds. I have never been in either of them.


To find out more of the facts go here: http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/guest-blog-its-raining-why-have-we-still-got-a-drought/


And for some music to soothe your soul whilst you are reading may I suggest:


Don't go near the water! - Beach Boys
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
Blame It On The Rain - Milli Vanilli
Waterloo - Abba
Waterfalls – TLC
The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) – Missy Elliot
Bridge Over Troubled Water- Simon & Garfunkel
In the Water I am Beautiful- City & Colour
Down By The Water- PJ Harvey
Purple Rain - Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment