Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The most beautiful kid in the world

I have the most beautiful kid in the world. And i am not saying it in the normal mum way, she is beautiful. You can't argue this. Just look at the pictures. They are not professional pictures just me and her hanging out watching f1. Her favourite driver is Jenson Button, just like me. She thinks he is gonna win this year. We will see come 16th March.

She is 8 now. I am not sure I am old enough to have an 8 year old.

I now have the fear. The fear that my little lady is growing up. There is nothing wrong with her growing up. But the fear is she will grow up into someone I don't recognise. I want her to be a free spirit. I actively encourage her to continue with her art that makes her happy. We spend a lot of time listening to music. I am always trying to force the awesomeness of the foo fighters on her and explaining why one direction are actual morons.

The other thing that is looming out there in the future, like a squirrel with a machine gun, cute but dangerous, is boys. We have a deal that she will not have a boyfriend until she has finished her a-levels. She agrees to that at the moment but she is not yet one of them horrible little bastards called teenagers.

Wish me luck!

2 comments: