Thursday, June 13, 2013

8 years on

So after 8 years I am leaving. 

Tomorrow is my last day working with all the guys and girls at the water factory. I can honestly say I'm am tearing up already. 

So much as happened so let's start at the beginning. 

I started as a temp. No plans to make a life out of it. Just needed some money for me, the kid and the kids dad. I was 22 had no tattoos and long brown hair. We were living in a small flat with abis god-dad above a shop. A shop were abis god-mum worked. 

Her god-parents have since got married and started a beautiful little family of their own.  

Since then I have moved in to my own place. The kids dad and I split up. It was a massively hard time for us both. We're friends now, so that's nice.  

I have lost some good friends. I won't dwell on this. We all know. The only thing that made it bearable was standing at the funerals holding hands with you, my friends I met at the water factory.  

There have been marriages and children. New relationships and break ups. And through it all there have been that one constant. People left and new people started. I made the best friends of my life and laughed so much it hurt. 

It's going to be a bittersweet day leaving. It's time for a whole new life for me. I am scared and excited. The only one thing I do know is that I will miss every single one of you. 

So, there are too many to name but all of you who have touched my life over the years the one message I have for you is thank you. 

Here's to you
John, Helen, Boyce, Clare, Sarah, Wendy, Leigh, Nathan, Stacie, Stacey, Chris, Barry, elton, Alice, Gingell, cara, Gary, James, Tina, Hayley, Wayne, Paul, Kevin, Neil, Tracey, reebs, Rory, Naomi, Nathan, Jenna, jody, Kate, Kelly, Kerry, mel, Mandy, Sam, Sara, Liam, Lisa, rob, Nicola, Ben, Martin, Natasha, Shaun, Simon, Stuart, Sophie, Amanda.. 

If I have missed you I am sorry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment