Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Following your dreams

I didn't know what my dream was. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I do now, and greedily enough I have 2.

My first is this. I want to write. I want to write about tattoos and art and pretty things. I want to make up self help guides for zombie attacks and broken hearts. I want to say silly things, make people laugh and say my opinion without the chance of another bollocking. I want to bare my soul and share my happiness and my heartache. So i am gonna keep doing this. But maybe it's time for a restructure over here at 28yearoldsinglemum. I'll work on that over the weekend.

My second dream is work with meaning. I am good at what I do. I can write from the heart, I kick ass at social media as a marketing and customer service tool and if you want an event managed from start to finish I'm your girl. Oh and I'm modest.

I need to channel what I do in to something, not more worthwhile, my current job is worthwhile, but something more, well, charitable. I want to work for a charity I want to be able to put my skills to use to make a difference to other peoples lives. I may not be able to directly impact people, I'm not trained for that stuff. But I sure can throw a mean fundraising ball!!

Being a mum though is going to make this a little harder to do. I can't be a starving artiste. The kid needs feeding and enjoys the finer things in life like hot water and electricity.

Still, I think I can find the thing I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment